Systems Admin II (76282)
Systems Admin II
Flint is a provider of professional services including: Specialist Consultancy, Managed Services Specialist Resourcing to the telecommunications and IT sectors.
For our client we are currently looking for:
Systems Admin II
Provide hands-on network administration support, network maintenance and operations support.
Recommend networking software and hardware enhancements.
Build, configure, and troubleshoot local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and other company networks.
Diagnose and correct network systems issues. 5 years of experience are required.
The Technical Implementation and Support team is responsible for building, testing, delivering, operating and supporting Cisco Certification Training for Cisco and DevNet certifications along with CCIE lab exams. We craft, operate and maintain the network that delivers these trainings and exams encompassing much of the product portfolio across Cisco. It is a dynamic and rewarding environment, with a user base growing in demand. For this reason, we are growing our team!
You will be responsible for:
• Design and integration of wide range of infrastructure management tools
• Preparing technical documentation and knowledge sharing with other team members,
• Taking an active part in troubleshooting of ongoing issues and providing root cause analysis for them
• Proactive monitoring and access control management of various systems
• Degree in Computer Science or related degree/qualification
• Experience in VMware virtualization
• Experienced in storage administration consisting of SAN and NAS
• Experience in Unix/Linux to a system administrator level
• Experience in Networking at a system administrator level
• Understanding of Networking and automation tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, or Chef
• Understanding of Network Security and Firewall technologies
• Storage allocation and de-allocation from the storage array to the host connection to the SAN/NAS
• 5+ years experience
• Familiarity with NetApp OnTap
• Technical expertise in configuration management, distributed transactional systems and workflow tools
• Understanding of key network technologies including Routing & Switching, MPLS, VPLS, Metro Ethernet and Data Center networks
• Awareness of common network architectures and design constraints
• Understanding of Software deliveries in large Service Providers & Enterprises with exposure to various delivery methodologies including Agile/DevOps, CI/CD.
• Understanding of network technologies and awareness of new industry directions such as micro-services, containers, SD-WAN, proactive and reactive assurance