Engineer Consultant III (76339)
Flint is a provider of professional services including: Specialist Consultancy, Managed Services Specialist Resourcing to the telecommunications and IT sectors.
For our client we are currently looking for:
• Provide Network-level problem resolution, including troubleshooting on the entire Cisco network for complex and critical issues.
• Provide problem root-cause analysis at the network infrastructure and application level and produce detailed technical reports that include root cause, next steps, and recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
• Provide Software Referrals to address critical problems identified across customer’s install base.
• Review and analyse trends and work with the High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) in providing quarterly reports detailing corrective action plans, and other actions planned for the next quarter.
• Shorten the time to resolution during complex and critical situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations.
• Assist the French Teams, Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) and HTOM, on any specific matters which may arise in the delivery of the High Touch Support Services on their customer accounts.
Candidate must be a self motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts and in addition to their technical ability must also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills:
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to engage and coordinate with other technical resources seamlessly during the trouble shooting process.
• Focus on network-level or application support versus device-level support.
• Resolution ownership, regardless of technology involved.
• Strong commercial awareness, fully appreciate the impact that network outages can have on a customers’ core business.
• Ability to adjust communication style when interfacing with executives and engineers.
• Strong technical presentation skills.
• Leverages and contributes to Virtual Teams.
• Good understanding of business process and requirements in a support environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work successfully as a team member in a cross-functional matrix environment.
• Be comfortable presenting to groups of engineers on training and provide knowledge transfer.
• Results driven and focus on the customer.
• troubleshooting skills
Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge
Experience with the following (or 3rd party equivalents) is desirable:
• Cisco SDWAN vBond, vSmart, vManage, vEdge Concepts
• Cisco SDWAN Overlay Fabric - Control Plane and Data Plane secure establishment
• Cisco SDWAN Overlay Management Protocol and Advertisements between devices
• Cisco SDWAN Certificates mechanisms
• Cisco SDWAN VPN Segmentation
• Cisco SDWAN Service Chaining
• Cisco SDWAN Control and Data Policies
• Cisco SDWAN Application Aware Routing and SLAs
• Cisco SDWAN Products: vEdge series vs cEdge ISR1k, ISR4k, ASR1K
• Cisco SDWAN Software: Viptela vs IOS XE SDWAN
• Cisco SDWAN vManage GUI familiarity
Basic Linux skills
Understanding of NFV architecture
Infrastructures running SDWAN: (to have some knowledge on)
• VMware ESXI
Educational Background Recommended
• 5+ years experience in network engineering or a telecommunications support environment.
• CCNP, CCIP, CCIE or equivalent networking qualification is highly desirable.