Analyst-Tax I (72181)
Who You'll Work With
The Global Accounting and Reporting group is a worldwide team of approximately 200 professionals with responsibilities for Cisco's international accounting, external financial reporting, and technical accounting that are committed to drive change and business impact while maintaining a strong and compliant system of internal controls. It is responsible for the US GAAP and local GAAP accounting and compliance for over 250 legal entities across the world. GAR team is built up of financial professionals that represent Cisco in over 130 countries working in diverse and challenging environments to make sure that Cisco operates in full compliance with local rules and regulation. GAR has excellent opportunities for ambitious financial professionals.
For this role, the focus is on two European Buy/Sell entities, who both operate worldwide business and have very significant operational activity and transaction levels. The team is directly responsible for month-end close procedures, reporting, audit, and SOX and local compliance.
What You'll Do
• Be responsible for the VAT accounting and perform on a monthly base the reconciliations in the TRecs tool, and the clearing of the VAT accounts.
• Collaborate with different parties (Accounts Payable & Receivable, Indirect Tax) to ensure VAT entries are accurate and correct in GL.
• Participate in month-end procedures, including balance sheet reviews, flux analysis, quarterly close entries, FX clean up.
• Support the team on GL related issues, statutory compliance and projects.
• Support any audit requirement request and working closely with different teams to ensure full compliance to regulations and policies
• Higher education in Accounting
• At least 3 years of experience in an accounting role, preferably with a large, multinational company
• Knowledge of financial systems: basic accounting in Oracle ERP and Microsoft office programs are essential
• Fluent in English (writing, reading and understanding)
• Basic understanding of VAT in Europe
Desired Skills • Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Results oriented and a self-starter
• Excellent communication skills, also in case of complicated issues
• Ability to work with cross-border teams